It's that time of the week when you regret not having fixed the off button on the radio, but the silver lining to that dark cloud is that it's the last Country in the Country show of the summer!
Another lovely summer evening tarnished by arrival of Country Yossi and Country in the Country. But don't let that stop you from listening. You'll have almost two hours to find a better reason.
The Three Weeks are over, so let the music begin again! Unfortunately, the closest thing we have to music is from Country Yossi and the Shteeble-Hoppers, with favorites like "Seven Little Kids
It's a summer heatwave, and along with the oppressive heat, we have an equally oppressive visit from Country in the Country!
Aaaaaand we're back. Country Yossi has finally returned to The Country. Just like the swallows returning to Capistrano. Or the return of your annual summer heat rash.
It's the last Country in the Country of the summer.
It's the penultimate Country in the Country show, and tonight Country Yossi welcomed back the music in a big way now that Shabbos Nachamu has come and gone, but not before we give you this important reminder:
Wednesday is Judgment Day! At least for the five finalists in the Sullivan Rensaissance Community Mitzvah Award contest, and they are:
- American Theological, summer camp in Kiamesha
- Camp Bnos Ahavas Israel, summer camp in Liberty
- Camp Simcha, summer camp in Glen Spey
- Khal Divre Chaim, bungalow colony in Kauneonga Lake
- Skolya Bungalows, bungalow colony in South Fallsburg
- Mary Lewis – Founder of the garden design firm Barncroft, she served as a Sullivan Renaissance judge for nine years and a garden design consultant for two years; past president of Garden Club of Orange and Dutchess Counties, past Zone Representative of Visiting Gardens Committee for Garden Club of America (GCA), and co-chairs GCA flower show “A Woman’s Hardy Garden” in Beacon.
- Rabbi Joel Schwab – Religious leader of Temple Sinai in Middletown, NY since 1982; President of the Greater Middletown Interfaith Council, where he helped create a winter Warming Station for street people; honored by Orange County Human Rights Commission (2007), United Way of Orange County (2009) and METNY Region of the United Synagogue for Conservative Judaism (2011).
- Yossi Toiv – “Country Yossi” is the name of an English-language Orthodox Jewish magazine, radio show, collection of musical albums and children's books created, composed, authored and published by Yossi (Joseph) Toiv; the radio show has been on the air continuously since 1986; the monthly magazine has printed over 3 million copies since 1988.
We also had summer Sunday visit from Rabbi Moshe Meir Weiss and his gevaldigeh divrei Torah.