Wednesday is Judgment Day! At least for the five finalists in the Sullivan Rensaissance Community Mitzvah Award contest, and they are:
- American Theological, summer camp in Kiamesha
- Camp Bnos Ahavas Israel, summer camp in Liberty
- Camp Simcha, summer camp in Glen Spey
- Khal Divre Chaim, bungalow colony in Kauneonga Lake
- Skolya Bungalows, bungalow colony in South Fallsburg
- Mary Lewis – Founder of the garden design firm Barncroft, she served as a Sullivan Renaissance judge for nine years and a garden design consultant for two years; past president of Garden Club of Orange and Dutchess Counties, past Zone Representative of Visiting Gardens Committee for Garden Club of America (GCA), and co-chairs GCA flower show “A Woman’s Hardy Garden” in Beacon.
- Rabbi Joel Schwab – Religious leader of Temple Sinai in Middletown, NY since 1982; President of the Greater Middletown Interfaith Council, where he helped create a winter Warming Station for street people; honored by Orange County Human Rights Commission (2007), United Way of Orange County (2009) and METNY Region of the United Synagogue for Conservative Judaism (2011).
- Yossi Toiv – “Country Yossi” is the name of an English-language Orthodox Jewish magazine, radio show, collection of musical albums and children's books created, composed, authored and published by Yossi (Joseph) Toiv; the radio show has been on the air continuously since 1986; the monthly magazine has printed over 3 million copies since 1988.
We also had summer Sunday visit from Rabbi Moshe Meir Weiss and his gevaldigeh divrei Torah.